Here are five main points to think about when choosing real estate in Puerto Vallarta. With the vacation home market growing continuously it is becoming easier for families and investors to purchase a vacation home in Puerto Vallarta. The growing real estate market is providing unique options to purchase real estate in Puerto Vallarta, but before you purchase anything in Puerto Vallarta, then you should first think about the type of home you would like to have and one that meets your lifestyle. Below are five main points to think about when choosing real estate in Puerto Vallarta.
- Location, Location, and Location: You may have heard this before with real estate and it is still important, “Location, Location, and Location”. It is just as important for the location in Vallarta and Nayarit as anywhere else you purchase a home. Of course, the location of the property will always influence the price, but in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit there are many locations you can consider, which include on or near golf courses, in the town, in villages out of the way, on developments and gated communities, in the marina, or on the beachfront.
- A Nice View: A nice view should always be considered, especially in a warm climate like Puerto Vallarta. Wouldn’t you like to sit out on your terrace or balcony overlooking an ocean or jungle view? The Sierra Madres foothills on Vallarta’s south side offer wonderful vistas of the bay along with the city.
- The Size of the Property: The size of the property should always be considered. Do you need a large property? Will you be having guests that include your friends or family? If so, then a second bedroom is ideal as you can use it as an office until guests arrive, then as a second bedroom. If you are thinking about purchasing a condo, then do you want the condo complex to be a big one, because many of the bigger complexes provides more features.
- Added Amenities: Always consider the property to go along with the amenities that you enjoy doing. If you like to go out to eat, then you will not want a property that is in a remote location. If you love the water and boating, then the Marina should be considered. Also, golfers may want to live by a golf course. Ocean lovers, surfers, and swimmers should consider a property on the oceanfront when choosing real estate in Puerto Vallarta.
- Time spent at a vacation property: The time you will actually spend in your property should first and foremost should be considered. If you plan on spending just a few weeks at the vacation property each year, then maybe owning a vacation home isn’t the right choice for you. You may want to think about just renting a hotel or condo for the short time you are in Puerto Vallarta or buying a timeshare. You could also think about being a fractional owner, which is a great compromise between full ownership real estate in Puerto Vallarta and part time. If you plan on retiring in the future and making the vacation home your permanent home, then you may want to purchase a vacation home now. You can rent the home out while you are not using it, and use the money for repairs and maintenance or even to put towards the mortgage payments.